Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mat mat is offline

Default Formula

Hi,

I am trying to create an "IF" formula.

I want the column G to yield "Yes" if the value in column A is some text or
Column D has some text or Column E has some text, "No" if not. Example of my
data:

A D E G
40 37 34 Yes
20 22 25 Yes
No
No

How would I achieve this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mat,

In your question you refer to text in cols A,D or E but in your example you
have numbers?

This should work for both

=IF(COUNTA(A1,D1,E1)0,"Yes","No")
--
Mike

When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces
the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam''s razor (Abbrev)