Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Question

When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is
blank .WHY?

=IF(ID606="Y",1,2)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

there must be something in your cell ID606 then...i just checked and i get
false and 2 for answers...

"oldjay" wrote:

When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is
blank .WHY?

=IF(ID606="Y",1,2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I put a new formula =if(C1="Y",1.2) in A!. I get the same result. I even
deleted C1 just to be sure there was nothing in it. Now I added a new sheet
to this same workbook, put in the same formula and and got the correct
answers. What could be possible wrong with the original sheet to yield this
result?

"oldjay" wrote:

When I use the function arguments it says if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is
blank .WHY?

=IF(ID606="Y",1,2)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"oldjay" wrote:
When I use the function arguments it says
if(ID606="Y" is true when ID606 is blank .WHY?
=IF(ID606="Y",1,2)

The only thing that comes to mind is that you have format or conditional
format options that are selecting the same color for foreground and
background.