Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Edit Comment Function

I have rec'd a spreadsheet containing comments in several cells.
Problem-- Select cell to edit comment. Right mouse click to edit comment.
The edit comment selection is not grayed out. Select edit comment and
nothing happens. The dialog box goes away. The comment can be viewed by
moving the pointer over the cell. Some cells with comments do work properly
with edit comment. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?
--
Bonita
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I see this is your second posting and apparently have not received any
replies.

Some Comments being editable and others not is a mystery.

If you go to View and select Comments do all the Comments show on the sheet?

Can you edit now?

If the sheet was protected without "edit objects" allowed you would not be
able to "edit Comment" any Comment so I don't think that is it.

I would like to take a look at your workbook if you cared to send it to me
by email.

gorddibbATshawDOTca change the obvious.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:58:01 -0800, Bonita
wrote:

I have rec'd a spreadsheet containing comments in several cells.
Problem-- Select cell to edit comment. Right mouse click to edit comment.
The edit comment selection is not grayed out. Select edit comment and
nothing happens. The dialog box goes away. The comment can be viewed by
moving the pointer over the cell. Some cells with comments do work properly
with edit comment. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was able to edit text in the "stubborn" comments. They did not appear
until I moved the pointer over the cells. All others appeared.
Thanks for your help.
Sorry about the 2 postings. I never saw the first one appear in the listing.

--
Bonita

wrote:

I have rec'd a spreadsheet containing comments in several cells.
Problem-- Select cell to edit comment. Right mouse click to edit comment.
The edit comment selection is not grayed out. Select edit comment and
nothing happens. The dialog box goes away. The comment can be viewed by
moving the pointer over the cell. Some cells with comments do work properly
with edit comment. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear.

Gord