Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro to save information into a table

Hello and happy new year to all Excel enthusiasts!

Got a question to start off the year:

I have a database on one tab (called "database") of my workbook with items
which have an individual number.

I'd like to have a macro which saves information into a table on another tab
(called "orders") each time this individual number is entered in a cell.

Eg: - I would type in the number
- run the macro
- infos such as date, name of the article, etc. are inserted in a table
- the cell with the article number is wiped blank

The part I'm mostly unsure about is how you could insert the new information
without writing over the older entries.

I realise excel probably isnt the best program to do this in, but this is a
very small scale project and I dont know how to use access!

Thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

see response to your later posting

--