Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?

I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want
to replace B7:B19 with “Myrange” but I can’t seem to get the syntax
right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

=AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3}))

have you created Myrange?
have you spelt it correctly?
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"BRC" wrote in message
I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want
to replace B7:B19 with “Myrange” but I can’t seem to get the syntax
right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC

signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 9, 10:06*am, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:
Hi

=AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3}))

have you created Myrange?
have you spelt it correctly?
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"BRC" wrote in message

I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. *I want
to replace B7:B19 with Myrange but I can t seem to get the syntax
right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC

signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4756 (20100109) __________

http://www.eset.com

Thank you Roger, I thought range name had to be in quotes and needed
something like...... range.("myrange")...Thk again BRC