Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cant export to excel unless I reduce data in cells and line breaks

I am using software that searches a sql database and generates an index
report. When I try to export a report to excel (2007) from within the
software (print to file .xls), it acts like it is working, but no file is
saved in the specified location. The report has several hundred characters
in a cell with line breaks (30-40). If I reduce the report to fewer
characters per cell with one or two line breaks, I can successfully create
the file, but not with the larger amount of data. I am nowhere near the cell
limits of 30,000+ characters. I have tried on several other computers
running different versions of excel with the same results. I have one
machine running Excel 2007 that will create the file with the large results,
but i cant make the others do it. Anybody have ideas? Thanks.