Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need Help on Average formula!!!

This is what i have
Z5:Z65=Different Names Of People
AA5:AA65=If (L) is entered =Laidoff
AE5:AE65= Hours worked for each name in cells Z5:Z65
In AB5:AB65 I want to Average hours of AE5:AE65 If an L is entered for each
name & hours in AA5:AA65 & If there is no L entered I need a zero value in
cells AB5:AB65
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If L is in aa5 do you wish to include the hours worked by that person? The
way you describe it will never change the average. If I underrstand
correctly.

So far I have

=IF(AA5="L",AVERAGE($AE$5:$AE$65),0)