Pdek

Default Unprotected cells after a download

I've got a simple small spreadsheet
that contains a lot of protected cells where the user
can't put the cursor, and there is also some conditional formatting.
I've put this file on a web page to be downloaded. When it's downloaded
if people click open, instead of "save to disk" the the protection appears
to go off
and the user can put the cursor anywhere (though the passwords and all are
still in there), and if the file is then saved the conditional formatting
changes.
What's up? The two changes completely change the way the file works.
I had somebody else set it up for the download from the web and don't know
this
stuff at all, but is it something on the website or something in general in
excel?
--
Pete