Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Next If Help

I'm trying to create a nested if forumla on the following data.

A2 = Mo Service
B2 = Max Annual

Months of Service Maxium Annual
0-59 months 225 hrs.
60-119 months 277.50 hrs.
120-179 months 337.50 hrs.
180-239 months 390 hrs.

If the Max Annual 225 and <60 Mo Service, "Over"

277.5 and <120
337.5 and <180
390 and <240

How do I create a nested if on the above information?

Thanks,

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul not clear what complete result you are trying to achieve:
Presumably these are hours -
277.5 and <120
337.5 and <180
390 and <240

But you give no indication what result you are expecting if the above
statements are true or what you expect if they are false !!
Also so that a formula can be crated relevant to your worksheet, in which
colums/rows are your data held. Presumably you have a column of names
alongside a column containing the months of service (and the months of
service column contains formulae relative to 'today' so that the 'months of
service' is updated daily)?

"pjscott" wrote:

I'm trying to create a nested if forumla on the following data.

A2 = Mo Service
B2 = Max Annual

Months of Service Maxium Annual
0-59 months 225 hrs.
60-119 months 277.50 hrs.
120-179 months 337.50 hrs.
180-239 months 390 hrs.

If the Max Annual 225 and <60 Mo Service, "Over"

277.5 and <120
337.5 and <180
390 and <240

How do I create a nested if on the above information?

Thanks,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula would be something like:

If the B2225 and A1<60, If B2 277.5 and A2 <120, If B2 337.5 and A2<180,
If B2 390 and A2<240

If B2 is then A1 the reply would be something like "over".

A blank cell would be ok if B2 is < A1.

Sorry for the confussion,

Paul