Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Window resets to A1 when entering data

I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell. This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place. Any ideas
on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet?
do you have any code on the code page?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Mac User" <Mac wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell. This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place. Any ideas
on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view the
project explorer and then double click the sheet in question, is there any code
there?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one
sheet?
do you have any code on the code page?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Mac User" <Mac wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell. This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place. Any
ideas
on why the cell I'm entering data into won't stay in view?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Any answer?

It's taken me all morning to find someone with the same problem that I have. I'm a new Mac user (Macbook Pro) and am getting so frustrated with this. The spreadsheet was created in Office 2007 but is working fine apart from the same problem.

I have been working out the hotkeys to move around the sheet which I'm getting there with, but now have the issue where the active cell doesn't show on the page. I can use the scroll function to scroll to the active cell but if I start typing into it, the sheet moves to A1 and I can't see the active cell.

If I turn on the freeze panes function it stops doing it. HELP!!

Also, where is the scroll lock function on a Macbook Pro?

Mac User wrote:

Window resets to A1 when entering data
04-Jan-10

I am using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell. This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place. Any ideas
on why the cell I am entering data into will not stay in view?

On Monday, January 04, 2010 11:19 PM
Mac User wrote:

Window resets to A1 when entering data
I am using Excel 2004 for Mac on a MacBook Pro with OS 10.5.8. When I go to
enter data into a cell, the window automatically moves so that A1 is the
uppermost left cell. This is very frustrating because I then have to find
the cell I was entering data into by scrolling all over the place. Any ideas
on why the cell I am entering data into will not stay in view?

On Monday, January 04, 2010 11:29 PM
Gary Keramidas wrote:

not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one
not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet?
do you have any code on the code page?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 10:21 PM
Mac User wrote:

Thanks for your response!
Thanks for your response! It does only happen in one workbook on one sheet.
As for the code page, I am not sure how to check that...

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 11:05 PM
Gary Keramidas wrote:

i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view
i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view the
project explorer and then double click the sheet in question, is there any code
there?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

The ASP.NET Codebehind vs. Inline Code Debate
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...behind-vs.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to post in

Gary Keramidas wrote:

not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one
not sure never seen a mac, but does it only happen in one workbook on one sheet?
do you have any code on the code page?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

On Tuesday, January 05, 2010 10:21 PM

Thanks for your response!

Gary Keramidas wrote:

i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view
i can only go by the windows version, but if you open the vb editor, view the
project explorer and then double click the sheet in question, is there any code
there?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

The ASP.NET Codebehind vs. Inline Code Debate
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...behind-vs.aspx

--

Dave Peterson