Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default date popping up in error

I have a very large excel file with multiple tabs, hundreds of if statements,
some simple calculations, graphs and conditional formatting. Now when doing
data entry I get todays date popping up in a cell that is not formatted and
when I go to print preview its not there.
Why is this happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Slow down a bit. You say "Now when doing data entry...". What are you
doing? Exactly? In what cell(s)? Don't just say you're entering data.
What data?
You say "I get todays date popping up in a cell.." What cell? The active
cell? What sheet? The active sheet?
Give us a lot of detail No one here has any idea what you're doing. HTH
Otto

"Dana Stricker" wrote in message
I have a very large excel file with multiple tabs, hundreds of if
statements,
some simple calculations, graphs and conditional formatting. Now when
doing
data entry I get todays date popping up in a cell that is not formatted
and
when I go to print preview its not there.
Why is this happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"data entry" where?

Every cell, some cells, a specific cell?

Where does the date pop up?

Every cell, some cells, a specific cell?

After it pops up does it remain in the cell(s)?

Is it a cell value or an object?

Sounds like you have some event code running.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP