Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count Occurances

Using Excel 2003.

I will try to explain this the best way I can.

I have a spreadsheet that compiles trouble call data. Every call that is
logged has a ID# for that location. There are about 900 locations. In the
course of a year not all locations will have a trouble call.

I want to see who had how many calls. I know I can write countif statements
for each of the 900 locations, but I really do not want to do that. I want
know exactly who had troubles.

If I have the data as to who had multiple calls, I can plug each one into my
pivot table to show the nature of the calls.

I hope some one can understand what I am looking for, this my be beyond the
scope of Excel.

Using Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This type of problem calls out for a pivot table solution

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...le-parameters/
best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
"gjameson via OfficeKB.com" <u21717@uwe wrote in message
Using Excel 2003.

I will try to explain this the best way I can.

I have a spreadsheet that compiles trouble call data. Every call that is
logged has a ID# for that location. There are about 900 locations. In the
course of a year not all locations will have a trouble call.

I want to see who had how many calls. I know I can write countif
statements
for each of the 900 locations, but I really do not want to do that. I want
know exactly who had troubles.

If I have the data as to who had multiple calls, I can plug each one into
my
pivot table to show the nature of the calls.

I hope some one can understand what I am looking for, this my be beyond
the
scope of Excel.

Using Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the great links. I had a feeling that it could be done with pivot
tables. I know just enought to be dangerous with pivot tables. I will study
this area a little more.

Bernard Liengme wrote:
This type of problem calls out for a pivot table solution

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...le-parameters/
best wishes

Using Excel 2003.

[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]

Using Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Uwe,

A pivot table might be exactly what you are looking for, Bernard
already gave you some links.

If you would like to solve this with a macro:
http://sulprobil.com/html/listfreq.html

Take Pfreq, I suggest.

Regards,
Bernd