Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format color change

Hello, I wanted to use conditional formatting and need help with the formula.
I have a range of cells B1:CM2 that are green €œColor 10€ with a white font.
I want if the cell color changes to light yellow €œColor 36€ then the font
would be black and if the color changed to white then it would change back to
green €œColor 10€ with a white font. How can I do this?
--
Thanks,
Chad
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not familiar, yet, with a change_Interior_Color Event and I don't know
how your " cell color changes" ?
However, one way is to run a loop on all your 180 cells check their
Interior Color and change it as requested.
This can be easily done by a WorkSheet_SelectionChange event macro which
will "fire" when a different cell is selected.
Micky

"SoggyCashew" wrote:

Hello, I wanted to use conditional formatting and need help with the formula.
I have a range of cells B1:CM2 that are green €œColor 10€ with a white font.
I want if the cell color changes to light yellow €œColor 36€ then the font
would be black and if the color changed to white then it would change back to
green €œColor 10€ with a white font. How can I do this?
--
Thanks,
Chad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

You can use conditional formatting to change the format based on the value of
a cell, not on the format of a cell.
for example:
if B1=7 then change font color to black - doable
if the background color of B1 = Color 36 then change font color to black -
can't do