Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default FORMULA HELP

As a new user of Excel, I seem to be having trouble finding a formula to show
where the most positive or negative numbers (as in a string of values) occurs
in a column. I don't need to count or sum the values, just show where the
most occurences are found in the data itself. I'm sure this is a simple fix,
but I sure am struggling here! Thanks to anybody who can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"anzimark" wrote in message
As a new user of Excel, I seem to be having trouble finding a formula to
show
where the most positive or negative numbers (as in a string of values)
occurs
in a column. I don't need to count or sum the values, just show where the
most occurences are found in the data itself. I'm sure this is a simple
fix,
but I sure am struggling here! Thanks to anybody who can help.

Not sure what you are looking for, but if your data are in column A, you may
try this formula:

=ADDRESS(MATCH(MAX(A1:A10),A1:A10,0),COLUMN(A1))

Change the range A1:A10 to fit the size of your data.

It will give you the address to the cell with the maximum data.
If there are more than one cell with the maximum data, you will get the
addess of the first one.
Change MAX to MIN to get the address of the cell with minimum data.

Hope this helps / Lars-Ã…ke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I recommend using Conditional Formatting to show the positive and negative
numbers in a column, where positive numbers can be highlight in green and
negative numbers in red.

This will allow you to identify them easlier in a spreadsheet. Check out the
Conditional Formatting under Format on the Tool bar.

Let me know if you need further help on this
--
Hope this help

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

"anzimark" wrote:

As a new user of Excel, I seem to be having trouble finding a formula to show
where the most positive or negative numbers (as in a string of values) occurs
in a column. I don't need to count or sum the values, just show where the
most occurences are found in the data itself. I'm sure this is a simple fix,
but I sure am struggling here! Thanks to anybody who can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You don't need conditional formatting for that, Francis.
You can do it with cell formatting. One example is
[Green]General;[Red]-General;0
--
David Biddulph