Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How copy automatically from one sheet to another.

Hello,
I am trying to design an excel workbook for my class that will
automatically copy scores from various subjects(8 subt.)and paste them
in another. Let me give an example.
There are 8 subjects and 40 students in a class. Each subject sheet
has the following headings
NAME, HOME WORK, PROJECT WORK, EXAMS, TOTAL, POSITION IN SUBT., GRADE.
Now after preparing the above sheet, I want to take say student 1's
name, total, position and grade and paste it automatically in another
wksheet or book. This will be done for all the 8 subjects and the avg
calculated. Each student in the class will receive such a report which
will be printed out (the priting is not authomatic anyway).
So after filling all the score sheets for the eight (8) subjects,
the student's personal report will automatically be ready.
I'm new to VBA but any help in VBA, simple Excel Macros or any form
will help.
thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have taken the liberty of sending a sample file to you via email.

As I mention in the email, the total solution is a bit complex to describe
in a post here. Basically it involves setting up a list with all student
names in it, giving that list a Name (making it a named range), then using
that named range as the source list for Data Validation in a cell on the
"summary" sheet so that only one summary sheet is required to deal with all
students for printout and presenting to them.

It also involves setting up several formulas using RANK(), AVERAGE(),
VLOOKUP(), and a combined INDEX and MATCH formula to achieve the results I
think you're looking for.

" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

But why not offer the sample file to all readers instead?
The potential reach/benefit to others is limitless
Of late, I'd use this link to upload samples: http://cjoint.com/

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could u pls send the file to me
--
Life isa journey not a destination

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

It is not wise to post your email in the newsgroups

Here's one of my past offerings on this topic -- a relatively simple,
non-array formulas model to deliver the exact functionalities requested --
one which is easily understood and adapted to suit:

http://cjoint.com/?bdxZClvygO
AutoCopy_Lines_by_Emp_IDs_to_Resp_Shts.xls

Take it away. Success? hit the YES below, drop me a line here ..
--
Max
Singapore