Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Identify files on two diff spreadsheets

I need help...

I have two spreadsheets, named 2008 and RS, both with file numbers in column
A1 with different information in the other columns. I need to know if the
files on the spreadsheet "RS" are on the spreadsheet "2008" and if so, then
put a "1" in column "U" next to that file on the "2008" spreadsheet.

I tried the vlookup function, but couldn't quite figure it out. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this formula in column U of the 2008 sheet:
=IF(COUNTIF(RS!A:A,'2008'!A1)0,"U","")
fill the formula down so that it appears in each row that has an account
number in it on the 2008 sheet.