Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copy cell and formating

I am copying information from on sheet to another in the same workbook. Is
there a way to copy the entire format of the cell automatically?

Page 1
A B C
1
2 3<~~ number is red and bolded
3

Page 2
A B C
1
2 +page1!B2 <~~gives me a black non bolded 3
3

I want page to to have a red bolded 3. Is there a way? Any help would be
nice thank you .......

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you *copy* a cell, you will copy the format as well as the content
(unless you paste special to restrict which aspects you want to copy).
If you *link* to a cell, you don't pick up the format of the source cell.
--
David Biddulph

Eric wrote:
I am copying information from on sheet to another in the same
workbook. Is there a way to copy the entire format of the cell
automatically?

Page 1
A B C
1
2 3<~~ number is red and bolded
3

Page 2
A B C
1
2 +page1!B2 <~~gives me a black non bolded 3
3

I want page to to have a red bolded 3. Is there a way? Any help
would be nice thank you .......

Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By +page1!B2 you presumably mean =page1!B2 ?
Perhaps you've forgotten that Excel starts formulae with an = sign? The +
sign at the start of the formula sounds like a relic from a Lotus
spreadsheet application.

To *copy* the cell, go to page1 cell B2, select the cell, Control C (or
Copy), go back to your destination cell on page 2, Control V (or Paste).
That will paste the 3, and its format, into the destination cell.
--
David Biddulph