Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MACRO for moving rows from one worksheet to another

I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates
(Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow). On the cumulative sheet I have all
and then I have a separate sheet for each class. Using macros I want to copy
the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping the
cumulative sheet populated). I have a formula to notate which row contains
the appropriate color (Column A). Each sheet has the same header as the
cumulative sheet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The most effective way is to create your own macro. Turn on the macro
recorder, go through the steps to copy your data, then turn it off, and save
the macro. Voila, a macro you can use as often as you want.

Regards,
Fred

"Stacey" wrote in message
I have a workbook that has different classifications based on a dates
(Classifications = Red, Green, Yellow). On the cumulative sheet I have
all
and then I have a separate sheet for each class. Using macros I want to
copy
the rows (B-M) that contain the class to its corresponding sheet (keeping
the
cumulative sheet populated). I have a formula to notate which row
contains
the appropriate color (Column A). Each sheet has the same header as the
cumulative sheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You select the class you want (ie, Yellow) using Autofilter. Then copy the
visible rows. That gets the bulk of the macro done.

Post back if you need help with specific sections after you've created it,
but asking someone to write the whole macro for you is outside of the scope
of this group.

Regards,
Fred