Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing the zero from a cell to an "X" instead of a zero

Hello,
I have a cell, D1, that I made = B2. B2 is to be an "X" when filled in
correctly but until it is used there is nothing in that cell so cell D1 it is
a zero and I want it to be an "X". Does anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Maybe you meant one of these ..
In D1: =IF(B2="","",B2)
D1 will remain "blank" until an input is made in B2, then it will simply
reflect the input made

Or, perhaps this
In D1: =IF(B2="","","X")
D1 will remain "blank" until an input is made in B2, then it will reflect an
"X"
voila? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Champ" wrote:
I have a cell, D1, that I made = B2. B2 is to be an "X" when filled in
correctly but until it is used there is nothing in that cell so cell D1 it is
a zero and I want it to be an "X". Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in cell D1:-

=IF(B2="","x",B2)

This will:-

(a) fill D1 with:-

- if b2 is blank .

(b) otherwise pull in the data entered into cell B2.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Champ" wrote:

Hello,
I have a cell, D1, that I made = B2. B2 is to be an "X" when filled in
correctly but until it is used there is nothing in that cell so cell D1 it is
a zero and I want it to be an "X". Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

This did work, thank you so much for the help.

=IF(AR8="","",AR8)

Do you want to try this as well or should I begin a new thread?

Here goes:

Now that I have this correct, I have another cell that is looking at these
10 cells and it is counting them as a digit in the cell, but I don't want
this other cell to see them until the "X" displays.

Example:

Cells H10 through AV10 are equal to 10 different cups, when I use one, I
place an "X" in cell AR8, or a preceeding cell H8 through AR8, then as
written an x automatically shows into the cell that cooresponds to the cells
H8 through AV8.

The formula is currently registering as a cup used in cell BB8.

The formula in BB10: =COUNTA(H10,P10,through AR10)
The formula in BB8: =sum(10-BB10)

I want it to stay 10 until an "X" is put into any of the celss H8 through AR8.

If possible, I would like the number 10 in BB8 to show the letters Empty and
when it gets to 0 turn to the letters Full.

Thanks again.

"Champ" wrote:
I have a cell, D1, that I made = B2. B2 is to be an "X" when filled in
correctly but until it is used there is nothing in that cell so cell D1 it is
a zero and I want it to be an "X". Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Welcome. Please start new threads for new queries. And do hit the YES button
in the earlier response which worked for you.
--
Max
Singapore