Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CGI CGI is offline

Default Counting Ranges

I would like to count a range if all the numbers in that range meet a stated
criteria. For example I have 50 columns (so 50 ranges) and I want to see how
many of these cloumns contain numbers that are all above 75.

e.g. Column 1 has 76, 76, 78, 90 so that would be counted, Column 2 has 77,
76, 94, 83 so that would be counted also, Column 3 has 72, 76, 77, 79 so that
would not be counted and the total would be 2.

Hope that is somehow understandable - I am a bit of a beginner!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way...

Assuming the 50 columns are in the range A1:AX4 and each column contains 4
numbers.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(COUNTIF(OFFSET(A1:AX4,,COLUMN(A1:AX4)-COLUMN(A1),4,1),"75")=4))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CGI" wrote in message
I would like to count a range if all the numbers in that range meet a
stated
criteria. For example I have 50 columns (so 50 ranges) and I want to see
how
many of these cloumns contain numbers that are all above 75.

e.g. Column 1 has 76, 76, 78, 90 so that would be counted, Column 2 has
77,
76, 94, 83 so that would be counted also, Column 3 has 72, 76, 77, 79 so
that
would not be counted and the total would be 2.

Hope that is somehow understandable - I am a bit of a beginner!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5199/nonamew.png
Note:
An Array formula needs to be entered by using the combination of
CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER (instead of ENTER).
DO NOT type the curly braces { }. Excel will display them automatically !
Micky