Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shared File

Excel 2007
I have an Excel file that is [Shared]
I would like to change the password on this file, but it will not let me.
How do I change this file so it is not shared? And is this what is stopping
me from changing the password?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sharing a s/s does not require a password. To unshare select Review on the
ribbon and then in the Changes box you will see options for protecting and
sharing. On the editing tab check the box "Allow changes .. etc"
Is the s/s protected? That's usually where you will find it is password
protected.

"Canon" wrote:

Excel 2007
I have an Excel file that is [Shared]
I would like to change the password on this file, but it will not let me.
How do I change this file so it is not shared? And is this what is stopping
me from changing the password?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Canon

I'm obviously not really understanding the problem. Are you able to save
the file to Google Docs and then allow me access through that site to have a
look? I think it's safer for both of us if done that way.

Happy to help if I can.

"Canon" wrote:

Excel 2007
I have an Excel file that is [Shared]
I would like to change the password on this file, but it will not let me.
How do I change this file so it is not shared? And is this what is stopping
me from changing the password?

Shared file vcff Setting up and Configuration of Excel 0 May 1st 09 01:29 AM
Shared file gets locked Amit Kumar Baidyaka Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 December 24th 08 02:50 PM
Shared File Pepper New Users to Excel 1 November 23rd 08 02:01 AM
Shared File Gallego Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 13th 07 04:00 PM
shared file tjh Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 10th 05 04:33 PM