Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hyperlink Function to Tab

I'm trying to create a hyperlink using the hyperlink function that
will go to a separate tab within the same worksheet. What I'm using
is: =HYPERLINK("'Tab1'!A1","Cell1") , but it is telling me it
cannot open the specified file. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try it like this:

=HYPERLINK("#'Tab1'!A1","Cell1")

Note the apostrophe is after the # - this basically means "the current
file".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 23, 3:56*pm, Matt wrote:
I'm trying to create a hyperlink using the hyperlink function that
will go to a separate tab within the same worksheet. *What I'm using
is: * *=HYPERLINK("'Tab1'!A1","Cell1") * * , but it is telling me it
cannot open the specified file. *Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That work perfectly. Now the next step would be to use that to create
a sort of index. The tab names are listed in column A. Using the
hyperlink function in column B, it would create a hyperlink to the tab
based on whats in column A. I thought I could use a combination of
hyperlink and indirect, but I think my syntax is wrong (?)

=HYPERLINK(INDIRECT(""#'"&A1&"'!A1""),"Cell1"), where Tab1 is typed in
the A1 cell

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am not sure about the syntax, but at least in Excel 2007 you can create a
hyperlink to another place in a document by right-clicking on a cell,
choosing Hyperlink, and then on the left-hand side of the window that opens
choose 'Place in this document'.

.