Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup with a specific item

Hi, I would like to vlookup on employees' degree start date, eg.:

A B C
emp. no. Start date Edu
1 01/01/90 Dip
1 01/01/95 Deg
2 01/01/82 Cert
2 01/01/86 Dip
2 01/01/90 Deg

How do I vlookup on the emp. no and deg start date?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the
same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to
enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar' you can notice the curly
braces at both ends like "{=<formula}"

With emp. no. in cell D2 and Start date in cell D3 try the below formula

=INDEX(C2:C10,MATCH(1,(A2:A10=D2)*(B2:B10=D3),0))

--
Jacob