Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why is formatting lost when saving from .xlsx to .xls?

I have EXCEL 2007 but most of the people I work with still have 2003 EXCEL.
When I create a file and save it as an .xls (2003) file, it loses all the
formating (i.e. currency, percentages, color fill, etc..). If I keep the
file in 2007 (.xlsx) formt it is okay, but the users I work with can not view
it. How do I get the file to retain the formatting when saved as 2003
version of EXCEL?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably because Microsoft did not test for this before they released the
software.

Best thing to do in the long term is to upgrade all your users to 2007 so
that you do not run into problems like this in future.

Please hit yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.