Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select from a list - 2003 Xls

I am using Xls 2003

i want to make a list of item - let call it list A
then i want to select one of the items in list A and another list (say list
B) must give me the details of the item selected in list A.

let use an example
List A = 1) car 2) boat 3) bicycle
when i select 1) car - List B show me 1) 4 doors 2) 4 wheels 3) stearing wheel
when i select 2) boat - List B show me 1) sail 2) rudder 3) sailers
when i select 3) bicycle - List B show me 1) 2 wheels 2) peddals 3) saddle

can i do this in excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra Dalgleish explains these dependent lists:
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

(Using Data|Validation)

Janna wrote:

I am using Xls 2003

i want to make a list of item - let call it list A
then i want to select one of the items in list A and another list (say list
B) must give me the details of the item selected in list A.

let use an example
List A = 1) car 2) boat 3) bicycle

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Please refer the below link by Debra Dalgleish

on the subject
"Excel -- Data Validation -- Dependent Dropdowns from a Sorted List "

"Excel Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists"

Jacob

"Janna" wrote:

I am using Xls 2003

i want to make a list of item - let call it list A
then i want to select one of the items in list A and another list (say list
B) must give me the details of the item selected in list A.

let use an example
List A = 1) car 2) boat 3) bicycle