Jim

Default Switching between workbooks

I am using XP Pro and Excel 2000.

I always have five or six workbooks open at any time, along with Outlook,
Word, Explorer, etc. In the past, I have been able to troggle between
programs by using Alt + Tab. When I did that, each open Excel workbook would
show up as a separate item, making it easy to toggle to the exact workbook I
needed.

Now something has changed. Alt + Tab still allows me to toggle, but I only
have one icon for Excel. I have to go to Excel, then use Ctrl + Tab to rotate
workbooks.

I suspect I have accidentally changed a setting in either XP or Excel, but I
don't know what it would be.

Thanks for any help available.
--
Jim

Katydid

Jim, since you use the Alt + Tab shortcut, you can also use Ctrl + Tab and it
will flip between everything in the open program. For example, if you are in
Excel and have 5 files open, and you also have 3 Word files open, the Ctrl +
Tab combination will only flip between the files that match the program you
have open, so it would only flip between the 5 Excel files. It does not,
however, display which file it is switching to, it just flips to the next one
in line.

I use it sometimes.
Kate

"Jim" wrote:

I am using XP Pro and Excel 2000.

I always have five or six workbooks open at any time, along with Outlook,
Word, Explorer, etc. In the past, I have been able to troggle between
programs by using Alt + Tab. When I did that, each open Excel workbook would
show up as a separate item, making it easy to toggle to the exact workbook I
needed.

Now something has changed. Alt + Tab still allows me to toggle, but I only
have one icon for Excel. I have to go to Excel, then use Ctrl + Tab to rotate
workbooks.

I suspect I have accidentally changed a setting in either XP or Excel, but I
don't know what it would be.

Thanks for any help available.
--
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:18:03 -0700 from rick
:
That ctrl+tab hint helped but why will my alt+tab between exel files not
work. Is this a new characteristic of XP because it is sure inconvenient?

Tools | Option | View | Show | Windows in Taskbar

But you can go between workbooks with Ctrl-F6 anyway.

--
"The internet is famously powered by the twin engines of
bitterness and contempt." -- Nathan Rabin, /The Onion/