D.Parker

Default Userform w/ComboBox

I have posted this question prior so I thought I would retry. I have created
a Userform that has a Combobox with various pull-down items. Currently the
user can change the default value and when they select a value from the pull
down they can change that also. Is there a way to protect the selections in
the combobox? I tried the locking property but with no success.

Also, I have two selections in the pull-down (they are dashed lines used for
separating groups of options) that I would not like the user to be able to
select. Is there a way to control that also? Thank you.

Kind regards,

D.Parker
Bob Umlas

THere's a Style property setting for comboboxes:
0-fmStyleDropDownCombo
2-fmStyleDropDownList

you want the 2nd one.

You can always check if the value chosen is dashes, and if so, change the
listindex to -1 or some other value, along with a message to the user that
it's not allowed, but you can't prevent him form selecting it in the first
place.

Bob Umlas
Excel MVP