Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel

I am trying to enter percentages off of cell H1. In the entire column, I
want it always use h1...not h2; h3, etc. How do I make sure that the entire
column mulitplies the percentage by h1...without having to manually enter all
that information.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just Add a Dollar Symbol ($) in between the cell reference H1. Like this
$H$1. $H will make the Column as stable and the $1 will make the Row Number
as stable. That is the reason you have to use the dollar symbol for both
Column and Row Number $H$1. So in your formula refer mention the H1 cell
reference as $H$1. Now the cell reference of H1 will not change like H2, H3
like that

(Ms-Exl-Learner)