-   -   Move & Copy Problem, Limit? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/250862-move-copy-problem-limit.html)

RL

Move & Copy Problem, Limit?

Excel 2003 Problem

A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from within
the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
existing worksheet.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Notes:
-The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single worksheet
used as a template for the others.
- Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
duplication of a single worksheet)
- Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
problem?
- The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
hyperlinks.

Mike Middleton[_2_]

Move & Copy Problem, Limit?

RL -

Perhaps the workbook is protected. If so, choose Tools | Protection |
Unprotect Workbook.

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"RL" wrote in message
Excel 2003 Problem

A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from
within
the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
existing worksheet.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Notes:
-The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single
worksheet
used as a template for the others.
- Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
duplication of a single worksheet)
- Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
problem?
- The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
hyperlinks.

RL

Move & Copy Problem, Limit?

No, I don't believe it is protected.

"RL" wrote in message
Excel 2003 Problem

A workbook no longer allows "move & copy" of a worksheet, either from
within
the workbook, or from another book, preventing me from duplicating an
existing worksheet.

What is the problem and how do I fix it?

Notes:
-The various worksheets in the file were all created from a single
worksheet
used as a template for the others.
- Did I bump up against some sort of move and copy limit? (i.e limit on
duplication of a single worksheet)
- Would excessive number, cell, and/or other formats somehow cause this
problem?
- The file contains numerous, but probably not an excessive amount of
hyperlinks.

.

Gord Dibben

Move & Copy Problem, Limit?

"Don't believe" it is protected.

Did you look where Mike told you?

When you say "does not allow" do you mean you get a message staing you
cannot do this?

Is move or copy grayed out?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP