Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grabbing a number from another cell on another worksheet

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to do
is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I want
it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a
simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it seems
like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

Do this once.

Select the cell on the 2nd sheet
Right clickCopy
Navigate to the other sheet and select the cell where you want the value to
appear.
Right clickPaste SpecialPaste Link

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"thermocorp" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with a number of different worksheets. All I want to
do
is if I enter a number into a cell on the 2nd worksheet for example, I
want
it to automatically show in a specific cell on the first worksheet. So a
simple copy and paste but for excel to automatically do it for me! it
seems
like something so easy that I just cant figure out how to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

In the cell in the first sheet enter this:
=Sheet2!A1
Change Sheet2 to the name of the sheet u want the data from and A1 to the
cell reference.

or

in the cell on sheet 1 press = then go to the required sheet and cell and
click on it then hit enter. This will creat the above formula.

cheers
Sklyn