Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Searching for values

I would like to create a report for the following:

1 - Read a worksheet with data like the following:
C1 C2
R 1 - John Smith A
R 2 - John Smith A
R 3 - John Smith A
R4 - Bob Jones 2
R5 - Bob Jones 1
R6 - Bob Jones 12
2 - Produce a report for every occurrence of John Smith:
C1 C2
R 1 - John Smith A
R 2 - John Smith A
R 3 - John Smith A

3 - In other words, I would like to scan a worksheet and extract values for
every occurence of a value - in this case, I want all related values for John
Smith.

Any help will be appreciated.

Paul Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Option a)
If you put a Data - Filter - AutoFilter on column C, you could simply filter
by the desired name and see the data you want.

Option b)
Again, under Data - Filter, AdvancedFilter.
Use the copyTo function, with the name as criteria. Check out Debra's site
for more details:
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

--
Best Regards,