Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Searching for values

I want to perform the following search:

1 - Search a worksheet with a list like the following:
C1 C2
R 1 - John Smith A
R 2 - John Smith A
R 3 - John Smith A
R 4 - Bob Jones 2
R 5 - Bob Jones 2

2 - I want to read that worksheet and create a report for all of the
occurrences of John Smith - the report would look like this:

C1 C2
R 1 - John Smith A
R 2 - John Smith A
R 3 - John Smith A

3 - In other words, I'd like to scan a worksheet and retrieve all
occurrences for a specific value - in this case, all occurrences and related
date for John Smith.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Paul C. Peterson
Velox Consulting, LLC