Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can anyone help with this formula

column AP = LINE that is running production some lines have 2 people & some
have 1 so for instance i MIGHT HAVE AP6 witch might be 2 OR 4 = hours worked
1 person ON THIS LINE so it will = to 2 or 4 hours witch works Then i have
AP13 WITCH MIGHT BE 2 or 4 = hours actually worked but there is 2 people on
this so AP13 reads 4 or 8 pending if they worked 2 hours or 4 hours because
there is 2 people on this line Now in column AS6:AS37 I PUT IN CLOCK# FOR
indirect labour say if 2 clock# entered i want to calculate AP column actual
hours worked times AS column indirect labour at time & half I want total
hours of indirect hours in cell AS38 Remember AS13 MIGHT READ 4 because of 2
people on & actual overtime hours is 2 so 2 indirect clock # should read 6
overtime hours

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The answer to your subject line is: yes, someone can help.

To get the help you need, all you have to do is ask an understandable
question. The easier your question is to understand, the quicker and more
accurate the answer.

The most effective way to get the answer you need is:
-- Format your post so it can be read (eg, proper grammar and punctuation)
-- Identify the problem you have. Saying "might have" provides no direction.
You need to identify what result you want when the input is 2 and when it is
4.
-- Provide an example. Show the inputs to the example, and the result you
are looking for.

Regards,
Fred.

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When i enter a production count for a line that is running production i enter
the hours worked say 10 hours. In column AP the extra hours worked will be 2
hours over time. Now since there is 2 people on this line i get 4 hours over
time this is correct. Now my problem is im trying to calculate 2 indirect
people in column AS, Also this may not be the only line running over time,
anouther line could be 2 hours over time with 1 person on this line & this
will read 2 hours & this is correct. So if one line reads 2 & anouther reads
4 hours i want to include 2 indirect people & have there over time calculated
for the 2 hours aswell

"Mike" wrote in message
[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, Mike, your question is formatted better, so I'll give you that. But
it's still impossible to figure out what solution you're looking for. An
example would be mighty useful.

You say "Now since there is 2 people on this line i get 4 hours over time
this is correct"
So, presumably you have the number of people entered somewhere, and you have
a formula which multiplies number of people by hours of overtime. Is this
correct?

Then you say "Now my problem is im trying to calculate 2 indirect people in
column AS"
But if you know the number of people from the previous statement, why not
just use it here?

You say "Also this may not be the only line running over time"
Then you'll have to tell us what you want to happen in each situation.

You end with "& have there over time calculated for the 2 hours aswell"
OK, what formula do you want used? Do you want just their overtime hours
calculated, overtime pay, or something else?

Regards,
Fred