Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help on a formula

Heres what I have.

A B C D E F
Job type hours Job type hrs
Darb sm 8 Alex r 7
Bill r 7 Darb sm 8
Bill fr 6 Bill r 6
Alex sm 8 Darb fr 7
and so on...

I would like to pull the information from a certain job from multiple
columns and start a list.
Like this:
Alex Bill Darb
r 7 r 7 sm 8
sm 8 fr 6 sm 8
r 6 fr 7

This is the formula I used for one column.
{=INDEX(($B$1:$B$4),SMALL(IF(($A1$A4)=$K$35,ROW($A :$A4)),ROW(B1)))}
This is what I get.
Alex Bill Darb
sm r sm
#NUM! fr sm
#NUM! r fr
#NUM! #NUM! #NUM!

Can pull from more than one column? Also, can I have it so that if there are
no jobs matching that in does not return #NUM!?

Thanks to anyone who can help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Instead of doing this:

A B C D E F
Job type hours Job type hrs
Darb sm 8 Alex r 7
Bill r 7 Darb sm 8
Bill fr 6 Bill r 6
Alex sm 8 Darb fr 7

You should do it like this:

A B C
Job type hours
Darb sm 8
Bill r 7
Bill fr 6
Alex sm 8
Alex r 7
Darb sm 8
Bill r 6
Darb fr 7

Then it will be easy to do what you want.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"dadof4girls" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Each column is set up with a different employee. This tracks throughout the
year. I need to keep the employee separate for other purposes but combine
them when I need info for particular jobs.

.