Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default help with formula

I use Office 2003:
I have a workbook with tabs for each day of the month (01st, 02nd, etc thru
31st).
One cell on each page needs to refer to a specific cell on the previous day,
if data is
there; if not, then the day prior to that and so forth. As in:
(tab)05th cell C3 = (tab)04th cell B4 (or if no data, then 03rd cell
B4 and so on.
I'm sorry if this is not clear. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, excel doesn't handle this kind of 3D reference very well--you could use a
subroutine to populate the cells with the values (not formulas)--or a user
defined function (a formula that uses a function that you create) that would do
the work, though.

Second, I don't see a pattern (that I'd trust). I think you should provide more
examples--or even the complete rules.

--

Dave Peterson