Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lock sets of cells in a row and sort by date linked to each set

I have a set of qualifications linked to a name that need to be presented in
a row

A = Name
B = Qual Type 1
C = Expiry Date (eg 29/01/12)
D = Qual Type 2
E = Expiry Date (eg 17/12/12)
F = Qual Type 3
G = Expiry Date (eg 25/06/11)
H = Qual Type 4 (has no expiry date)

I want to sort each qualification into 'date expiry' order keeping it
connected to the relevant Qual Type. Therefore, I want Qual Type 3 with it's
exipiry date to move into Column B & C, Qual Type 1 with it's exipiry date to
move into Column D & E and Qual Type 2 with it's exipiry date to move into
Column F & G. I also want to keep Qual Type 4 (with no expiry date) at the
end of the row.

Not all Names would have all 4 qualifications, they would have between 1 &
4, this would mean that for some Column D & E are blank before the sort. I
would have up to 1000 Names on the worksheet.

Is this at all possible? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!