Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlook up + Lists

I have a sheet that includes a dropdown list, what i would like is when i
pick a word form that list it populates data in another cell,
The list is in cell B3, i then want it to look for the correct list on Sheet
3 and populate that information starting in cell A7 down

I think it needs a lookup but if there is an easier way I would appreciaite
some guidence

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assume that you have the lookup table in Sheet3 A7:B100

In your current sheet B3 you have the drop down
In cell C3 enter formula

=Vlookup(b3,Sheet3!A7:B100,2,0)

The above formula will lookup the value in B3 in Sheet3 ColA and if a match
is found return the second column of the array A7:B100...which is data in
ColB

--
Jacob