Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default picking out matched data

I have 2 different sets of data each with 3 columns. I am going to place the
2 sets of data on Sheet 1 of a spreadsheet and Sheet 2 of a spreadsheet. The
data in a row across the 3 columns pertains to each other. This is true for
the data on each sheet. I need to take the data from sheet 1 and have it
match up with any entries that exist on sheet 2, and have it show these
matches on sheet 3. The problem is the data in sheet 1 and 2 are not exactly
the same. On sheet 1 the data is: Customer Name, Transaction#, Acct#. On
Sheet 2 the data is: Customer Name, Reference #, Acct#. I will only
necessarily need the data from the first sheet to show up on sheet 3 (Name,
Trans #, Acct#).

Please help!