DNA

Default Hiding Numbers

I have a column with numbers from formulas and from subtotals. I only want
to display the subtotal numbers. Is there anyway to only display the
subtotal numbers and nothing else within the same column?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi
If you have used the built-in Excel subtotal function, you can use the
grouping number down the left-hand side to do this. Clicking 3 shows the
grand total only, clicking 2 shows the group totals and clicking 1 shows all
of the detail.

--
Andy.

"DNA" wrote in message
lkaboutsoftware.com...
I have a column with numbers from formulas and from subtotals. I only want
to display the subtotal numbers. Is there anyway to only display the
subtotal numbers and nothing else within the same column?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

DNA

I want to show all data (1 option), but in one particular column, only
subtotals. Thoughts??

Tony B

"DNA" wrote:

I want to show all data (1 option), but in one particular column, only
subtotals. Thoughts??

You can change the color of the text in the columns you don't want to show
to white. That's what I normally do.
DNA

I was going to change the font to white, but there are 37,000 lines.

Dave Peterson

Did you use Data|Subtotals?

If you did then show all the data.
select that column
format|cells|font tab|choose white for the font color

Now show just the rows you want to see when you print.
(Use the outlining symbols at the left)

Select that column once more
edit|goto|special|Visible cells only

Format them the way you want (bold/automatic/whatever)

Show all the data
Print
And then reformat that column (if you want)