Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how can i open a second workbook using a vba code

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

dim wkbk2 as workbook
set wkbk2 = workbooks.open(filename:="c:\somefilename.xls")

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi i have tried the code that you recommended but i cannot get it to work

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not if you did not add more to it.

Show us the code you tried that does not work.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

this is a code from MACROS MADE EASY

Sub Workbook_Open()
Workbooks.Open("data.xls")
End Sub

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

run time error '1004':
yes the macro is enabled when i open the 1st file security warning
yes they are both in the 'C:\ dir
i open test.xls manually and i want it to open data.xls automatically

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

What happens when you try it?

Do you have macros enabled?

Are you sure that the data.xls file exists in the drive/folder you specified?

How are you opening the workbook that opens the data.xls workbook?

uk wrote:

i have tried all the codes that you have suggested and i still cant get it to
work

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Include the drive and path, too:

Workbooks.Open("c:\my folder\my other folder\data.xls")

(change as appropriate)

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson
.

.

--

Dave Peterson
.

--

Dave Peterson
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Record a macro when you open that file manually. Use that code in the
workbook_Open event. (I'm guessing that you have a typo in your
drive/path/filename.)

If you have trouble modifying the workbook_open, then post the complete recorded
macro.

uk wrote:

--

Dave Peterson