Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TBA TBA is offline

Default pivot table group by date question

I love the group by date function...I rely on it! but i often find it is
greyed-out and not avialable to use for a variable, despite it being date
data. Any tips on ensuring how to get this work?.
I understand it might be a problem with files that started life at 2003
files, even if saved as 2007 files? cheers Theo