Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Advanced filter

Hi,
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7 days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7 days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try:

=""&TODAY()

It'll look funny. You'll see a 5 digit number, but should work ok.

ps. I'd look at Debra Dalgleish's site for tips with advanced filter.
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
and
http://contextures.com/tiptech.html

Dave wrote:

Hi,
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7 days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date
="="&TODAY()........="<="&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7 days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Biff,
Yeah, thanks for that. I picked that up off Deborah Dalgeish's site - the
AND being criteria on the same row, and the OR being on different rows. But
she was using actual dates in her example, so she used 1/11/01 and <1/25/01,
without any quote marks, which didn't work when I used the TODAY() function;
hence my original post.
Regards - Dave.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date
="="&TODAY()........="<="&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7 days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good deal. Lot's of good stuff on Deborah's site. I refer people to it
often.

Thanks for the feedback!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date
="="&TODAY()........="<="&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7
days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything
greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would expect 1/11/01 to look for a value greater than (one divided by
fifteen then divided by one). Are you sure that you saw that on Deborah's
site? Could you give us the URL of the relevant page, please?
--
David Biddulph

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date
="="&TODAY()........="<="&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7
days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything
greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Of course I meant eleven, not fifteen. Too early in the morning. :-(
--
David Biddulph

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date
="="&TODAY()........="<="&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7
days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything
greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates
are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
The link is:
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Then click f) Criteria Examples

Dave.

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date
="="&TODAY()........="<="&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Try this...

=""&TODAY()+7

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Dave" wrote in message
XL 2003
I am having trouble using Advanced Filter.
Column A has Dates (formatted as date), and Column B has Names.
I want to filter on the basis of any date being between Today and 7
days
later.
Not having success with this, I tried just filtering on anything
greater
than Today.
In the criteria range, I have: ="TODAY()"
But when I applied the filter, no filtering takes place. All dates are
shown.
I haven't used advanced filter before. What am I doing wrong?
Regards - Dave.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, OK, I'm surprised!
I must admit that Advanced Filter is something that I don't normally use. I
tend to stick to AutoFilter, but hopefully this'll persuade me to lok at
Debra's site and learn more about Advanced Filter.
--
David Biddulph

The link is:

"T. Valko" wrote:

I want to filter on the basis of any date being
between Today and 7 days later.

Ooops!

I missed the double criteria.

Try this...

Assume the column header is named Date.

As the criteria enter this in the criteria range:

.............Date...........................Date

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message