Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUM ON BASIS OF FORAMAT

Dear All,

I have exported some data From Tally in which format shows Dr & Cr now
i want total seperately of Dr and Cr ( file is attached for
reference )

19376.00 Cr
1718.00 Dr
8150.00 Cr
56180.00 Cr
133800.00 Dr
214773.00 Cr
300000.00 Dr
3879640.00 Cr
443859.00 Dr
127400.00 Cr
54628.00 Cr
1031455.00 Dr
1505733.00 Dr

Please help

Regards

O.P.Sharma
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your "attached" file did not come through my newsreader; however, assuming
your values are in Column A and your Dr/Cr indicator is in Column B, try
using these formulas to find your subtotals...

For Cr: =SUMIF(B2:B1000,"Cr",A2:A1000)

For Dr: =SUMIF(B2:B1000,"Dr",A2:A1000)

Change the ranges to meet your actual setup (I've assumed there is a header
row and that your data starts at Row 2.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)