Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - setting up mouse to scroll in formulas?

In my old version of office, I could start writing a basic formula and
mid-way scroll to another location on the worksheet to select a cell for the
formula. I cannot find any way to do this in 2007 and have to use the scroll
bar at the side of the worksheet - am I missing something (apart from the
tooks menu!!)

(Has anyone retroengineered a way to get rid of these thrice damned ribbons
and get the old office back?)

Any help appreciated!
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click the Office Ribbon Button (colorful round circle at the top Left
corner)Excel OptionsAdvancedEditing OptionsCheck the Allow Editing
Directly In Cells

If the above doesn't rectify your problem, then try the below one.

Click the Office Ribbon Button(colorful round circle at the top Left
corner)Excel OptionsAdvancedEditing Options Uncheck the "Zoom on roll
with IntelliMouse"

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"kirsty" wrote:

In my old version of office, I could start writing a basic formula and
mid-way scroll to another location on the worksheet to select a cell for the
formula. I cannot find any way to do this in 2007 and have to use the scroll
bar at the side of the worksheet - am I missing something (apart from the
tooks menu!!)

(Has anyone retroengineered a way to get rid of these thrice damned ribbons
and get the old office back?)

Any help appreciated!
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks for the reply:
I have never, in any incarnation of office, had "allow editing directly in
cells" ticked, as I like the double click to take me to the subject cells.
However, irritatingly, this seems to correct the problem with scrolling to an
"out of view" cell reference for a formula.
(The "Zoom on roll with IntelliMouse" was already unchecked.)

Is there any other way to sort it (sorry that sounds ungrateful, but I HATE
editing directly in cells - I want my double click back!!!)
Kirsty