Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Action after save

Is it possible to create an event after a save? I have a macro that runs
before a save to hide specific sheets and would like those sheets available
after the save just as before. The reason I have this is a macro runs at open
and user enters a password into user box, and depending on password it
unhides specific sheets. I have tried

Private Sub Workbook_AfterSave(Cancel As Boolean)

Code

End Sub

But it does not work, any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

An interesting question. One option is to have the BeforeSave routine
schedule an clean-up macro (using OnTime). The clean-up macro would do the
post-save actions.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

"PhilosophersSage" wrote:

Is it possible to create an event after a save? I have a macro that runs
before a save to hide specific sheets and would like those sheets available
after the save just as before. The reason I have this is a macro runs at open
and user enters a password into user box, and depending on password it
unhides specific sheets. I have tried

Private Sub Workbook_AfterSave(Cancel As Boolean)

Code

End Sub

But it does not work, any ideas are appreciated. Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

--Why dont you hide all sheets at Workbook open before prompting password and
based on password unhide the specific sheets

--"and depending on password it unhides specific sheets." . To unhide these
sheets at open the sheets should be hidden right??...but here you are asking
to unhide

--There is no event called AfterSave

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria