Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jez Jez is offline

Default Date format getting muddled

Hi,

I work for a computer software company. We export data to Excel. We have a
client in South Africa where the date is getting muddled when it is exported
to Excel.

For example, if the date read 19/11/2009, when exported to Excel it would
read 2019/11/09 (as though it is changing the format from DD/MM/YYYY ti
YYDD/MM/YY.

I have tried changing the Regional settings and the language/date formats in
Excel but this does not seem to recitfy the issue.

Has anybody ever experienced this before? Any help would be gratefully
recieved.

(Just to confirm, this is not an issue for any other customer -
English/American/German etc)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's not "changing the format", it's assuming your input is in yy/mm/dd
format. This is a very common (and most sensible) format.

Regional settings are in Windows, not Excel. Go to Control Panel, and change
the regional settings there.

Regards,
Fred.

"Jez" wrote in message

I work for a computer software company. We export data to Excel. We have a
client in South Africa where the date is getting muddled when it is
exported
to Excel.

For example, if the date read 19/11/2009, when exported to Excel it would
read 2019/11/09 (as though it is changing the format from DD/MM/YYYY ti
YYDD/MM/YY.

I have tried changing the Regional settings and the language/date formats
in
Excel but this does not seem to recitfy the issue.

Has anybody ever experienced this before? Any help would be gratefully
recieved.

(Just to confirm, this is not an issue for any other customer -
English/American/German etc)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the data had been 19/11/09 instead of 19/11/2009, then it wouldn't have
been unreasonable to interpret it as YY/MM/DD instead of DD/MM/YY, but to
interpret the data as YY/MM/YYDD instead of DD/MM/YYYY would be strange.
--
David Biddulph