Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenate Error

Forgive me if this is a duplicate post. I thought I posted this question on
Friday, but have not had any responses, and can't find the original through
the search box.

I am using Windows 2007, but saw this error occasionally with 03.

When using concatenate, if I drag the formula down the column, all the boxes
fill with the same result. When I click on each box, the formula is correct,
but the result uses the text from the very first row.

Ex: say I'm concatenating names col. A is name & col. B is job title.
All columns fill with "Abraham Lincoln, President" which would be in row 1,
but the formulas are correct for all following rows.
=CONCATENATE(C3,", ",D3)

A co-worker who tried to help me noticed that when clicking "save" the
results change to the proper text (ex: Thomas Edison, Inventor).

We had tried cutting/pasting to new columns & even a new workbook.
We thought it was a fluke/hiccup in the particular workbook I was using, but
it just happened again in a completely different workbook.

Anyone know what's going on or how to fix it? Will I always have to save
everytime I want to concatenate?

NicoleS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure calculation is set to automatic.

In Excel 2007:

Formulas tabCalculationCalculation OptionsAutomatic

All other versions of Excel:

ToolsOptionsCalculation tabAutomaticOK

--
Biff