Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DRW DRW is offline

Default Pivot Table - Finanical information by Period as a month

I have a list of income and expenditure. One field is the month of the
expenditure, just entered as text.

This seems to sort beautifully from October to September (being the
financial year) apart from April.

I inadvertently entered it as 'Apr' initially, whereas I have entered all
other months in full - October, November, December.....

Even if I go back and edit all the 'Apr' entries to 'April' in the Pivot
Table, April is stubbornly on the right hand end of the Table - i.e. at
period 12, rather than in column 7, (as it is the 7th period in the financial
year).

I believe I've also edited the data table and recreated all the Pivot Tables
to try to solve the issue, but to no avail.

If anyone has any other possible solutions, I'd be very grateful to hear them.

Many thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Easiest is to just grab April and drag it to the appropriate position...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson