RTP

Default Locking and Protecting and NOT displaying formulas

Is it possible to not only lock but also NOT display some formulas we have in
a ROI-Return On Investment-spreadsheet???

Sum of the formulas are proprietary and would like them to not even be
displayed within the spreadsheet that will be distributed to prospects leads.

Let me know.

Thanks!
Paul B

RTP, format, cells, protection, check hidden for the cells with formulas,
protect the sheet. be aware that this protection is VERY weak and can be
broken easily.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"RTP" wrote in message
Is it possible to not only lock but also NOT display some formulas we have

in
a ROI-Return On Investment-spreadsheet???

Sum of the formulas are proprietary and would like them to not even be
displayed within the spreadsheet that will be distributed to prospects

leads.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

I will preface this by saying that Excel's sheet and book protection is very
weak and passwords easily cracked.

Also, what's to prevent someone from just copying the cells and pasting to a
new sheet?

If you don't want someone to access your formulas, remove them before
distribution.

But yes, you can hide them.

Select the cells and FormatCellsProtection. Checkmark Locked and Hidden.

Protect the sheet under ToolsProtection.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP