Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default return the row of any selected cell

I want to be able to see in a cell the row number of any other currently
selected cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Namebox not adequate?

Try this UDF if not.

Function WhatCell()
Application.Volatile
WhatCell = ActiveCell.Address
End Function

NOTE: you must force a recalculation before it will update.

F9 key will calculate. Or F2 then Enter

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 16:07:01 -0800, kim55
wrote:

I want to be able to see in a cell the row number of any other currently
selected cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Gord, that is a great function and i'm using it but having to
manually recalc is a pain. I'm trying to use conditional formatting in a cell
depending on what other cell is active, so the namebox isn't helpful. That is
unless there is a way to pull the info from the namebox.

wrote:

I want to be able to see in a cell the row number of any other currently
selected cell.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe some sheet event code?

Me.Range("A1").Value = ActiveCell.Address
End Sub

Gord